Grain-Free Coconut Pancakes
Well I’ve been experimenting with my macronutrient levels (carbs, proteins, & fats) and I was cutting down on my carbs a bit…. this has me experimenting with a few more ingredients that are lower carb but great nutrient sources. Most times this means higher fat though-so be aware of that 😉 Fat is not the enemy though. Healthy saturated fats like the fat from coconuts are awesome for you. The real enemy is sugar so my goal was to eliminate sugar and still “have me some pancakes!” With that said don’t expect this to be sweet…but nothing you are going to dip in syrup should be sweet already…right??
Enough blabbering… you can did these in syrup (I recommend keeping it to 2 teaspoons so you aren’t consuming too much sugar) but I’ll give you some non traditional options later!
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup cashew milk (or almond milk)
- 3 Tablespoons Coconut Oil, melted
- 1/4 cup Coconut Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/8 teaspoon Himalayan Salt
- Mix eggs, nut milk, and melted coconut oil. In a separate bowl mix dry ingredients.
- Combine dry & wet ingredients. Mix well with a fork until smooth without any chunks. Batter will appear wet, but please note that coconut flour is very absorbent and all will be well if you’ve followed the recipe. Make sure the chunks are all gone so all the coconut can absorb the liquid. Batter will be the consistency of instant pudding before its set in my opinion if that helps haha 🙂
- Heat a skillet or griddle to medium heat. Lightly grease with coconut oil or butter (grass-fed preferred).
- Scoop & drop batter into the skillet to make a 3-4inch pancake. Recipe will make 12 pancakes. Watch for bubbles to come up before you flip-but note you will not have as many bubbles or as large of bubbles as regular pancakes. Be patient and gently lift to keep an eye on browning. Flip once to finish cooking.
Recipe Yields 12, 3-4 inch pancakes. 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts for 1 serving: (3 pancakes)
Calories: 152/ Carbs: 0.9g / Protein: 5.5g / Fat: 14.6g
21 day fix: 1/2 red, 1/2 Orange, 2tsp.